Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oregano Oil and Parvo

I have an interesting story though about oregano oil. Several years ago we had a very much loved black lab puppy, he got parvo. Parvo is the worse thing that can happen to to a puppy, it means death to most who get it I've heard. Many times even getting the dog to a vet is not enough, and many times the dog is not the same if he pulls through. There is not medicine for Parvo, even a vet can only pull a dog through by keeping them hydrated. We were poor and I knew we could not afford the bill, for something that wasn't a guarantee. So I went the herbal route and went in search of what I knew to be a 'super herb' oregano. It was interesting that the store I chose to go to had it on sale sitting on the counter, like it was waiting just for me. I went home and along with some other things for food can't remember what I actually used but it was something like oatmeal (baby food consistency) I forced the oil, the food, and liquids, down his throat every 4 hours in a big syringe, for a week, until he showed signs of improving, and was eating and drinking on his own. He dropped 25 LBS, was skin an bones. And every morning I would wake up expecting him to be gone. He wasn't, although it took a month to really want to play again. He pulled through, and became as strong and healthy as ever.

This happened years ago before my doTERRA oil days.  But I knew that by using the oil I was giving it my best shot.  I wish I had pursued Essential oils more after that experience.  However I've always known they work.  The help you find balance in your life, they help keep you and your family healthier.

5 comments:

  1. My dog just came down with Parvo this morning. I have DoTerra Oregano oil in the cabinet. How many drops do I put in his drink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NaturesLove, did your dog respond to the oregano oil? I do hope so.

      Delete
  2. Have the same experience, my two GSD pups had parvo and I believe that the oregano oil saved them. We lost three others before I stumble about the oregano oil. They stopped eating, having severe diarrhea, and I expected that we'll lost them too. I did gave them oregano oil mixed with virgin coconut oil (1/4 cup coconut oil and 5 drop s oregano oil mixed), gave it to them every 4 hours and also giving them pedialite for rehydration. After few days of doing it they start eating again and survived! How I wish I found out about oregano oil before we lost the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lil boxer 10weeks was diagnosed Sunday November 11th I've been doing iv with Oregano, Onguard an frankincense diluted with fractionated coconut oil on her belly 3times a day I was worried about allowing her to take it down cause it's a hot oil. But I think now I'll just mix it together with the coconut oil an syringe it into her mouth with her liquid vitamins I'm giving her. We are on day 4 an she still isn't drinking or eating on her own was was stable as of yesterday at her last appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have a 10 week old lab puppy, how many drops or oregano would you give? Give in the food or rub on tummy with a carrier oil?

    ReplyDelete